Black Friday is over and for those who weren’t able to get to the malls either because you had to work, or because you were just burnt out from Thanksgiving the day before, or because you were anxiously awaiting that nail-biter of a football game between the UH Warriors and the Boise State Broncos, relax! It’s Cyber Monday… and cyber all week long!
The fact that you’re reading this at all is probably a good indicator that you may be one of those people, like me, who avoids the big shopping malls altogether and goes to specialty shops, shops at Ross, watches QVC, or just shops online… whenever possible!
Whatever the case, I’ve decided to make a little page with shopping ideas for you to do your Christmas shopping! Let me make this clear, I would NOT have a business listed here if I did not trust the products or services that these vendors provide and/or if I had not experienced them for myself before telling you how wonderful they are.
What follows below is the start of our Shopping Page. We will build on it as we are able. Happy shopping, or at least browsing! 🙂
I can’t even begin to tell you about the variety of stuff that Hawaii Vacation Gifts sells. The scents are wonderful, the body products don’t cause itching or other skin irritations, and the customer service is “on it!”
HVG’s artistic creator has become a good blogging pal and I became a small customer of her products.I was lucky enough to receive a bit more than I ordered in my package so I know what I’m talking about. I have tried other similar products but have been left cold and unimpressed. There’s no unpleasant residual left behind from these products — neither in feel or in scent.
Go ahead and browse around the site and check out the products she has to offer! Everything from a bar of soap to an entire gift basket and more! Wait until you get to touch and smell her soy candles! They are clean and fragrant and they just feel good when you hold them! It’s weird, I know, but I like keeping them around just to smell them… without even burning them. They really do smell that good.
This is not the usual tourist keepsake place you find in Waikiki — this is the real thing! The products are designed and made here and not mass produced.
Visit Hawaii Vacation Gifts’ blog too!
How about giving a Ninja for Christmas?
A thought went through my head while I was reading something by our next gift idea. This little guy will let you give a blog as a gift! As I was reading it suddenly dawned on me, “What an awesome gift!” As much as we bloggers love our blogs, I think we can all vouch that this would be something awesome to receive, especially for someone who loves to write but doesn’t have one yet!
Not only is this a great gift idea, it is extremely cost effective! In fact, they will do it all for free! All you need to do is sign up for hosting with one of their partner links. Hey, you would have to pay for that part anyway. The most effective way to tell you about this gift, is to get it straight from the horse’s mouth… excuse me, the Ninja’s mouth.
Here’s where I tell you the best part of this gift suggestion. I know and trust this vendor and have worked closely with him for nearly a year. This “Ninja” comes with my highest of recommendations! Interested? You’ve got to at least be curious! Read on!
Ninja Blog Setup
We setup and configure blogs. It’s our goal to provide professional WordPress blogs without you having to even think about all the technical details.
A step by step overview
- You fill out a simple form to give us the information we need to setup your blog
- A Ninja will begin your blog setup including:
- creating a professional email address for your blog (eg. email@example.com)
- testing your new email address
- creating WordPress.com account for you so you can use the Akismet Spam protection plugin
- creating a FeedBurner account for you so you can take advantage of FeedBurner stats with your RSS feed
- installing WordPress on your hosting count and domain name
- configure WordPress:
- increase the size of the post writing box – makes writing posts much easier
- setup search engine friendly URLs (permalinks) – more traffic
- add a complete list of services to the ping list – tells various websites every time you write a story
- install a robots.txt file – secures your WordPress admin pages from search engine spiders
- create your user account within WordPress – so you have access to write and administer your site
- delete the standard links (blogroll) that are included in WordPress
- install and activate over 20 essential WordPress plugins ( see list of plugins )
- setup an automatic WordPress database backup to be delivered weekly via email
- install over 50 theme choices so you can easily change the look and feel of your site (see the themes)
- We’ll mail you all the details of your installation including a short roadmap of optional configurations that you may want to setup.
- You’ll receive a video guided tour of the WordPress administration area so you can easily learn your way around.
That’s it. From your point of view, you just fill out the form, and about 24 hours later, login and start blogging on a fully configured WordPress blog.
You can get started by signing up for hosting with one of our partner links:
Or if you already have hosting or would like to use a different company, you can contact us to inquire about rates and other options.
What did I tell you? Is that an awesome gift idea or what?
Not exactly what you had in mind? How about something a little simpler? How about a t-shirt, or several t-shirts… the kind with attitude! These are as homegrown as you’re going to find and you can’t get them in a regular store.I went looking for Pure Breed Clothing Company because I was so sure they actually had a store in Mapunapuna. I don’t know where I got that idea, ’cause they don’t.
But, they do have a website. In addition, Henry, Christine and their three adorable children will be attending several shows and fairs between now and Christmas.
Here’s the schedule that I have been made aware of:
- 12-1 at Hilo High School fair
- 12-2 at Castle High School fair
- 12-8 at Moanalua High School fair
- 12-8 also at Aiea Elementary School fair
- 12-14 to 12-16 at gift fair at the Blaisdell Center
Go ahead and attend some craft fairs! While you’re there, look for the Pure Breed banner, pick up the perfect shirt to match that friend or family member with all that attitude, and cross a few more names off that list!
Electronic items always make good gifts! But, who do you trust? Where do you shop? I found one! I finally faced up to the fact that my computer needed more RAM or I wasn’t going to ever get out from under the software shutdown problems I was having.
The problem was that my computer is “old” by industry standards and, get this, they have stopped making the memory upgrades!
There were two companies online that had the memory that would fit and work in my computer. I couldn’t get through to a live body on the phone, but I was left with the option to have my call returned. Only one company, Edge Tech Corp, returned my call. Therefore, they got my business and my recommendation!
Their shipping was quick and the product has made me and my computer friends again. So, I list them here because they’ve got memory and they’ve got neat stuff too!
Their customer service was excellent and they have a lot of Cool Tech Gadgets and Free Shipping too!
Edge Tech Corp has “all the tools needed to promote memory upgrades, digital media cards, flash memory devices, portable hard drives, and other technology gifts and gadgets.” In other words, they have toys in all price ranges!
- Memory for desktops, laptops, printers, servers ($15 to $2,000+)
- Digital Camera Flash Memory Cards ($15 – $190)
- Digital Memory Card Readers ($20 to $35)
- MP3 Players and Digital Music Accessories ($21 – $65)
- Portable Hard Drives ($100 – $360)
- USB Flash Drives ($18 – $190)
- Technology Gifts and Gadgets ($40 – $230)
Bringing the shopping back home again, we have to be sure and mention these worker bees! You guys know how I fell in love with these bees
! I could not make a shopping list and fail to mention the glory of these honey makers for the Christmas holidays.
Volcano Island Honey Company is a great place for gifts ideas and for the Christmas dinner table as well. Here we have the unusual gifts for the people who look at things a little differently than we do.